You can whisk up this delicious creamy cheesecake in just 15 minutes, then leave it in the refrigerator until it is chilled and firm.
1. Crush the biscuits with a rolling pin and then mix in the melted butter. Press evenly over the base of a 20 cm/8 in springform tin and pop into the fridge to chill while you make the filling.
2. Dissolve the gelatine in the boiling water, stirring it well, and then leave it until it is cool.
3. Meanwhile, purée the strawberries quickly in a food processor or mash roughly – the purée should have some texture and not be too liquid.
4. In a bowl, beat together the Quark and fromage frais, and fold in the puréed strawberries and the cooled gelatine, mixing well. Sweeten to taste with artificial sweetener.
5. Spoon the cheesecake mixture over the chilled biscuit base and chill in the refrigerator until set (about 1 hour). Serve sliced, decorated with strawberries.
Tip: Although I always prefer to use butter to make the biscuit base, you could save 1½ Syns per serving by mixing the crushed ginger nuts with a beaten egg white instead. However, it would have to be baked in a moderate oven for 10 minutes and then cooled before adding the cheesecake mixture.
Agar agar can be used instead of gelatine if preferred.