This fabulous stuffed chicken can be served on a bed of wilted baby spinach and with a side dish of roasted vegetables [courgette, aubergine, red onion, peppers] - great for dinner parties, the Sunday roast or just because you fancy it!
Preparation time: 18 mins
Cooking time: 20 mins
Syns per serving:
2 Syns on Original, 11½ Syns on Green*
* add 6 Syns if not using chicken as a Healthy Extra
6 good plump skinless chicken breasts
8 rashers of lean bacon
Packet of chestnut mushrooms
two handfuls of fresh basil
one handful of fresh parsley
two sprigs of fresh rosemary
15 black olives
1 tbsp good olive oil
4 cloves of garlic crushed
1 large egg
For the sauce:
16 shallots finely chopped
12 tbsp good balsamic vinegar
6 plum tomatoes
2 clove garlic [crushed]
6 tsp Chicken Bovril
1. Slit 4 of the chicken breasts with a very sharp knife, in order to make a small pocket in the portion.
2. Using a blender mince 2 of the chicken breasts, add the egg followed by the herbs and seasoning.
3. Meanwhile in a pan fry the mushroom in the garlic and a little Fry Light, then add to the chicken mixture and blend thoroughly.
4. Insert two tablespoons of the mixture into each chicken breast.
5. Brush each breast with the olive oil then wrap 2 pieces of the bacon around the breast. Sprinkle the black olives around the chicken. Place in a pre-heated oven for 20 minutes.
To make the sauce:
Fry the shallots in Fry Light, add the rest of the ingredients and reduce by half [about 10 mins]