CHILLI PASTA SAUCE
1. Fry the onions, mushrooms and garlic in Fry Light until onions are translucent.
2. Add the passata, chilli beans, cumin and chilli powder and simmer for 20 minutes.
CLASSIC TOMATO SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1. Place the cherry tomatoes on a baking sheet and bake for 5 minutes at 200°C/400°F/ Gas 6. Remove from the oven and allow to cool for 15 minutes. Cut the tomatoes in half, keeping the seeds and skin.
2. Sauté the garlic in Fry light for 2 minutes. Turn the heat to high, add the tomatoes, and sauté for 5 minutes. Sprinkle with chilli flakes and salt and pepper.
3. To serve the sauce - cook spaghetti in boiling salted water until al dente. Drain and toss with the tomato mixture. Sprinkle the Italian parsley and the cheese on top.
1. Prepare the vegetables: peel and finely dice the carrot and finely chop the celery and onion. Heat the oil in a medium saucepan and gently sauté the carrot, celery, onion and garlic until softened.
2. Drain and rinse the beans and add to the pan along with the rosemary, passata and stock and bring to the boil. Cover, reduce the heat and cook for 15-20 minutes. Stir in the parsley, season and serve hot garnished with sprigs of rosemary.
FENNEL AND FRESH TOMATO SAUCE
1. Core the fennel bulbs and cut them into thin slivers. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan and spray lightly with Fry Light. Add the garlic and fennel and stir-fry over a medium heat until the fennel is tender.
2. Peel, deseed and roughly chop the tomatoes, add them to the frying pan along with the basil and balsamic vinegar and cook over a medium heat for 10-15 minutes. Season well and serve hot.
1. Cook the onion and carrots in a little water for 5 minutes. Add the garlic, lentils, tomatoes, stock, tomato purée, marjoram and seasoning. Bring to the boil, cover and simmer for 40-45 minutes, stirring occasionally until the lentils are soft.
2. Meanwhile cook the spaghetti in plenty of boiling water for 10 minutes. Drain and rinse with hot water. Divide the spaghetti between 4 serving dishes and pour the bolognese sauce over the top.
1. Heat a medium non-stick frying pan and spray lightly with Fry Light. Chop the spring onions and add to the pan along with the garlic and stir-fry for 3-4 minutes. Add the tomatoes and sweetener and cook gently for 5 minutes. Then stir in the parsley.
2. Drain the tuna and add to pan along with the seafood, heat gently for 3-4 minutes and season well. Serve hot garnished with sprigs of parsley.
MUSHROOM OLIVE MELT
1. Put the olives, mushrooms and garlic in a food processor. Process until very finely chopped. Put the mix into a pan and heat over a low flame until it begins to sizzle. Slowly add the tomatoes until the sauce is to your desired consistency.
2. Add 1 tbsp tomato purée for extra flavour. It makes a great coating for hot pasta - a bit like a pasta melt. You could add in 28g/1oz per person of grated parmesan (add 6 Syns or use as a Healthy Extra ‘a’ choice).
TOMATO AND VEGETABLE SAUCE
1. Add the onion/leek and garlic to a non-stick frying pan and place on a gentle heat, spraying with Fry light. Stir gently until transparent. Add the peppers, celery, mushrooms and ham.
2. Add the chopped tomatoes and season to taste with salt and pepper (you could also add a little chilli powder if you want to spice it up) - and stir for about 4 mins.
HAM, ONION AND ROSEMARY SAUCE
Fry the ham and onion in Fry Light until the onions are turning golden.
Add the tomatoes and rosemary then season. Simmer for 20-30 mins or until the sauce has reduced by about a third to a half.
CREAMY TOMATO AND COURGETTE SAUCE
Heat a non-stick frying pan and spray lightly with Fry Light. Thinly slice the courgettes, add to the pan with the garlic and stir-fry until lightly browned.
Drain the tomatoes and add to the pan, stir and cook gently for 5 minutes.
Stir in the fromage frais and basil, season well and serve.
QUICK SPICY TOMATO, COURGETTES AND SWEET PEPPER SAUCE
Dry fry the onion and garlic, add the mushrooms, courgettes, pepper, tomatoes and chillies then bring to the boil.
Add the basil and a pinch of salt. Leave to simmer then serve with pasta.
PRAWN SPAGHETTI SAUCE
1. Coat a frying pan well with Fry Light. Add the chopped onion and courgette and stir fry for a few minutes. Add the garlic and stir fry again. To prevent the garlic burning add a tablespoon of water.
2. Pour in the passata and leave to simmer on a low heat until the courgette is soft. Stir in the tomato purée and add salt and pepper to taste. Add chilli sauce if desired.
3. Add the prawns to the sauce. Cook well for 2 minutes. To serve, pour the sauce over cooked spaghetti and mix well.
SPICY BACON SAUCE
Fry the onion, garlic and smoked bacon in Fry Light.
Add the can of chopped tomatoes, mixed herbs, cayenne pepper, black pepper and salt.
Mix well and simmer for ten minutes.
SPICY PRAWN SAUCE
Fry the onion, chopped garlic, thinly sliced peppers and mushrooms in Fry Light. Add the tomatoes, then the prawns until heated through. Add the chilli sauce then simmer for ten minutes.
TOMATO BEANY SAUCE
Put the onion and garlic in a large pan and spray with Fry Light. Add 1 tbsp lemon juice and sauté the onion. When softened slightly add in the tomatoes, mushrooms and beans.
Simmer until the mushrooms are cooked through - season with salt and pepper to taste. Add in some dried Italian herbs or some fresh herbs such as chopped basil. Simmer for 10 minutes to set the flavours. To serve, stir the sauce into the pasta and cook for about 5 minutes to warm the pasta through.
BASIC CREAMY PASTA SAUCE
Put the chopped onions, sliced mushrooms, herbs and garlic into a pan with the water. Bring to the boil and let simmer for quite a while until it is reduced and caramelised.
Let it cool a bit and then stir in the fromage frais or Quark. Make sure the vegetables are cool enough so as not to make the fromage frais curdle.
1. Finely chop the onion and place in a non-stick saucepan with the garlic and stock. Gently cook for 4-5 minutes, stirring often. Remove all visible fat from the bacon, cut into thin strips, add to the pan and cook on high until the bacon is cooked through.
2. In a small bowl whisk together the fromage frais, eggs, parmesan cheese, parsley and seasoning.
3. Cook the pasta of your choice, according to packet instructions, drain and return to the pan on a very low heat. Add the bacon mixture and the egg mixture. Stir and cook for 2-3 minutes, spoon into warmed bowls and serve hot.
Note: The government advises that the elderly, babies and pregnant women should not eat raw eggs.
PRAWN AND DILL SAUCE
Bring the stock to the boil in a saucepan then reduce the heat to a simmer. Add the dill, lemon juice and prawns and cook gently for a minute or two. Season well and serve hot garnished with sprigs of dill.
SMOKED SALMON PASTA SAUCE
Mix all ingredients together. Then mix into cooked pasta. Delicious served straight away or served cold as a pasta salad.