This dish makes a great starter for entertaining and will be loved by your guests. Slimming really does taste this good...
1. Make 4 tartlets by cutting a 15 cm/10 in square out of each sheet of filo pastry. Brush one layer with egg white and then place another sheet of pastry on top; not directly on top but in such a way that it creates a sort of star shape. Repeat the process with the remaining sheets so that you end up with 4 star shapes.
2. Mould the pastry into 9 cm/3½ in individual pie moulds and bake in a preheated oven at 180°C/Gas 4 for 5–7 minutes until golden brown. Remove and rest on a wire rack.
3. Spray a frying pan with a little Fry Light and fry the mushrooms, garlic and shallots or onion until tender.
4. Meanwhile, put the sliced red onions into a saucepan and cover with the vinegar and wine. Boil until the onions are tender and have absorbed the liquid. Stir in the honey.
5. Put the cooked beetroots in a blender and blend until you have a thick purée. Add the vegetable stock to loosen it a little and pass through a fine sieve into a clean saucepan. Cook over a high heat until reduced to intensify the flavour and colour. Stir in the lemon juice and season to taste.
6. Fill the tartlets with the mushroom mixture and arrange a little pile of onions on top of each one. Transfer to 4 serving plates and pour the beetroot dressing around the tartlets on the plates. Serve immediately with assorted steamed vegetables or a crisp salad.
Tip: For a quicker version of this recipe, omit the beetroot dressing and serve on a bed of crisp green salad leaves.