Not everyone likes chicken livers so a great alternative is to make a garlic mushroom risotto by gently frying together a mixture of different kinds of mushrooms (oyster, shitake etc) with the onion and a bit more garlic before adding the rice.
Syns per serving:
Free on Green* and Extra Easy**
*Add 12 Syns if not using chicken livers and parmesan cheese as Healthy Extras
** Add 6 Syns if not using cheese as a Healthy Extra
Preparation time: 10 minutes
Cooking time: 25 minutes
Small onion, very finely chopped
Small clove of garlic, crushed
113g chicken livers, chopped
125g risotto rice
1½ tsp Chicken Bovril
¾ pint of boiling water
28g parmesan cheese
1. Gently fry the onion and garlic in Fry Light until soft.
2. Stir in the chopped up chicken livers until brown and then add in the rice and stir until the rice is coated and warmed up.
3. Stir the Chicken Bovril into the boiling water and pour over the rice. Bring the mixture to the boil and then let it simmer gently for around 20 minutes.
4. Stir occasionally and check the rice is cooked at the end of the cooking time, if not add a bit of boiling water and keep cooking and stirring for another 5 minutes or so.
5. Season to taste and either mix in the parmesan or sprinkle it over the top before serving.